Welcome to the Kāpiti College International Department
|International Students||Aerial Flyover||Flyover - Extended|
Kāpiti College is a co-educational school with 1500 NZ students and 80 international fee payers from fifteen countries. We are 45 minutes from Wellington and our town is a beach resort known for its temperate climate.
The college is metres from the beach and the perfect school for international students to attend.
- a safe and beautiful environment, we are known as The Sunshine Coast of NZ
- exceptional academic results (top NCEA results for co-ed schools in Wellington, 2011 - 2014)
- outstanding pastoral care
- high quality homestays - we are a decile 8 community
- academies for golf, aviation, equestrian, rugby, swimming and basketball
- an English Language Academy
- flexible, individualized academic programmes catering for all levels
- 300 seat stadium, state of the art technology facilities
- Summer School programme during December/January
- a strong arts programme which includes dance, drama and film making as academic subjects
- Lord of the Rings Producer Peter Jackson is an ex student.
- Air NZ flies from Auckland direct three times a day to Paraparaumu Airport
International students say:
Alan, Hong Kong.
" What is special about Kāpiti College is the friendly, encouraging atmosphere for international students"
" New Zealand is now my second home and Kāpiti College is my second family and I will carry that forever, wherever I go."
Johannes Walter, Germany
"The most remarkable thing about Kāpiti College is its school community. People know and like each other, and the most important thing for me as an exchange student is that they want you to become part of this community too! I made Kiwi friends on day one, and I keep on meeting new people through them.
Besides that, Kāpiti College has a great International Department with people who take care of you and any wishes or problems you might have. These two factors make me feel like I’ve become part of Kāpiti College in all the time I’ve been here so far. It is probably one of the best decisions of my life to come here and there is no other place that I’d rather be. This is a lifetime experience and I will never forget my time here!"
Xuan Pho Bui, Vietnam
"Two years ago, when I had decided to come to New Zealand for my study, I did not know how wonderful my life would be. I was so nervous, worried and tense when I took my first step through the Kāpiti College gate. But later on, I was surely warmly welcomed by teachers and students. The International Department made me feel comfortable the staff were always happy to listen and help me to go through any problem I had adjusting to my new school life.
I was so lucky to have a big host family here. They have become my second family. They looked after me as a member of their family, taught me new things and did everything to support my life in this new country. Kāpiti College has helped me grow up. It is a perfect place to study."