Keep those donations coming in - over $25 000 collected so far
March 2nd 2017
Workday is our one and only whole school fundraising event of the year. It has been a tradition at the college for over 35 years. The college really appreciates the support for Workday that we receive from parents and the wider community.
Last year's workday raised over $30 000 and we are looking forward to matching that total this year. . For the past seven years, decision making on the spending of funds raised has been in the hands of the senior student leadership teams. They are in the process of consulting with the rest of the school to decide on how the funds raised this year will be spent.
How it works
All students (except international students who cook lunch for staff on the day) are expected to participate in one of four ways.
- Get a job for the day for at least 5 hours and earn $25 (Y9-10) or $30 (Y11-13) and donate their pay to the school.
- Donate $25-30 (depending on the year level) from the pay received from a regular job and have workday off.
- Come to school and work on jobs around the school (supervised by staff). This is mostly outside work and does not include cleaning toilets!
- Come to school and do school work (supervised by staff). Some families prefer their children not to be involved in this fund raising venture.
Students who worked at school last year were involved with tasks such as:
- Desk Sanding and Painting
- Window and wall washing
- Sorting out metal for recycling
- Tennis Court Sweeping
- Cleaning and Polishing Lab Benches.