Gateway provides a pathway from school to the world of work. It’s a great opportunity to blend school study with workplace learning and experience.
- is available to senior school students (year 11‐13);
- delivers hands‐on practical learning that leads to nationally recognised qualifications;
- builds students workplace experience, helping them move smoothly from school to work; and
- is funded and monitored by the Tertiary Education Commission.
Benefits for young people include:
- Increase in confidence and recognition of strengths and abilities.
- The opportunity to try out potential careers.
- Experience for their CV as well as gaining a good reference.
Gateway builds links to Industry Training Organisations and helps students learn more about Modern Apprenticeships and find out about employment opportunities in their chosen industry.